At Thomson Reuters, we deliver intelligent information quickly and efficiently, so professionals have knowledge to act. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organisation.
Risk is a fast-growing Thomson Reuters Segment. It focuses on connecting our customers' business to the ever-changing regulatory and risk environment. The Risk client groups include compliance, audit, legal, pricing and risk functions in financial services, law firms, accounting firms, regulators, insurance, energy and other industries undergoing regulatory change. Industry expectations are that the risk market will grow rapidly worldwide over the next few years and the Risk sector positions Thomson Reuters very strongly to take advantage of these growing opportunities. Risk segment is positioned with the Finance and Risk business including to demonstrate the full capabilities of Thomson Reuters. Thomson Reuters Risk Management Solutions comprise of comprehensive suite of solutions specifically built to address the governance, risk and compliance challenges faced by professionals.
- Your primary task is to prepare Enhanced Due Diligence Reports.
(Activities and tasks)
You will undertake research as an essential member of the research team by:
- Conducting extensive research on companies and individuals
- Gathering the right intelligent information from external sources and internal proprietary sources
- Analyzing and summarize the research data in a timely and accurate manner while aligning with the relevant research guidelines and legislations
- Preparing in-depth and comprehensive reports
- Translating non-English language documents (if applicable)
Reporting and relationships:
- Report to the Research Supervisor or Senior Research Supervisor
- Interact with colleagues from other functions for queries related to client's requirements
(Knowledge, experience, skills and competencies)
You should be able to demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Finance/Accountancy/Banking, Linguistics/Languages, Business Studies/Administration/Management, Commerce, Journalism or equivalent
- Strong comprehending and English writing skills
- Displaying strong research skills
- Applying critical thinking to analyse issues
- Paying attention to detail and delivering activities on time
- Processing qualitative data and solving problems
- Leading multiple tasks and activities at a time
- Well-developed communication skills, in particular questioning and listening skill
- Experience of working in Microsoft applications at intermediate level
- Able to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work fluently (spoken and written) in another Asian language (such as Arabic, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Persian, Vietnamese etc.) will have added advantage
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top