- McLean, VA
Are you ready to join a fast-paced, mission-focused team? Join Thomson Reuters Special Services (TRSS) and advance your career while solving critical security challenges!
We provide research and expertise to the national security community, the US military, law enforcement, and the private sector. Our analysts perform a wide range of work, from due diligence assessments to threat management reports. We leverage openly available data and our own proprietary holdings to develop relevant, insightful products.
In addition to regular assignments, all analysts are encouraged to pursue independent proofs of concept and research projects. All employees participate in TRSS's Leadership Development, mentorship, and internal programs for career development. Reimbursements for training and tuition are available.
Positions are located at TRSS headquarters in McLean, Virginia, as well as multiple locations across the United States.
- Produce regularly scheduled and ad hoc reports to client as required.
- Respond quickly and professionally to related client requests.
- Work closely with both client managers and fellow TRSS analysts to develop strong collaborative practices.
- Provide insightful, well-researched analysis and guidance to clients bases on rigorous, in- depth analysis using public records, proprietary data, and open source data.
- Participate in analytic development at TRSS, to include mentorship, training and developing analytic best practices.
- Demonstrate personal accountability and ownership of work, with an emphasis on exhibiting success in accomplishing progressively more complex tasks, projects, and collaborations.
- US Citizenship
- Position is contingent on the candidate's ability to clear a customer specific background investigation.
- This position will have access to highly sensitive public record information and as a result, all new hires and current employees in positions of this level will be subject to periodic background checks.
SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree preferred; relevant military or prior USG experience equivalent experience in lieu of degree.
- 4 to 8 years of previous experience relating to research and analysis.
- Strong reading and formal writing skills, with demonstrated ability in composition and source evaluation.
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated high proficiency using open source and research database tools, with emphasis on incorporating multiple data streams into a single deliverable.
- Foreign language skills.
- Programming and technical skills.
- Previous experience with network analysis and/or social network analysis tools and methodologies.
ABOUT THOMSON REUTERS SPECIAL SERVICES
TRSS is a wholly US-owned, independent subsidiary of Thomson Reuters. Our analysts combine open source research with the full suite of proprietary Thomson Reuters data holdings to deliver actionable intelligence to our clients.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise, and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
McLean-Virginia-United States of America
Back to top