Aligned Client Specialist, Finance and Risk
The Client Specialist is a client-facing role which supports our financial clients who use Thomson Reuters desktop products. Through a combination of market knowledge, product knowledge and client-management skills, the Client Specialist partners with Sales teams to solve specific client needs and works directly with customers to enable their use of Thomson Reuters data. You will work in a fast-paced environment at the forefront of the latest developments in market data and technology and collaborate closely with Thomson Reuters Sales, Account Management, Content, Product Management, Development, and other business units to deliver unparalleled service to our clients.
Goals of the role:
- To build and grow sales by embedding Thomson Reuter's products into the daily workflow of customers.
- Provide value-added expertise (workflow solutions, consulting, and learning) to allow customers to extract the most value from their Thomson Reuters products. Drive revenue retention among existing clients.
- Build relationships and communities with customers by understanding and fulfilling their business needs.
- Communicate and share timely market information to staff in order to impact customer interactions.
- Drive usage and build community establishing Thomson Reuters as the premier desktop and/or content solution.
- Provide domain expertise to allow customers to extract the most value from their Thomson Reuters solutions, which drives retention.
- Proactively work to develop and execute sales strategies for accounts
- Retention of revenue in accounts under competitive threat.
- Oversee client meetings to carry out product demonstrations and upsell services to existing clients,
- Lead sales campaigns to achieve increased product market penetration
- Work closely with the clients to feed product ideas and provide client feedback
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Outstanding closing/sales and relationship management skills at all client levels
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong, polished presentation skills
- Articulate, enthusiastic, self-motivated and ability to prioritize
- Flexibility to work in an informal/merit-oriented environment
- Excellent financial and quantitative conceptual ability
- Ability to multi-task and delegate when necessary
- Strong telephone sales and presentation skills with clients/prospects at all level
- Prior Account Management/Sales experience preferred
- Strong client relationships and a proven track record of providing a high level of customer service.
- Superior communication and negotiating skills and be a strong team player
Undergraduate degree required in Finance or related field.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top