Account Manager, Singapore
Account Manager, Singapore
Financial and Risk
Go to Market – Asia
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Sales & Account Management teams connects with existing and new customers daily to understand the challenges they face and develop innovative solutions to help them succeed in today's market. Through dedicated account management – focused on retaining and growing our accounts – we bring the voice of the customer back into the business while telling the Thomson Reuters story externally, with the support of marketing.
This position manages and grows revenue and market share at highest value and most complex designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company's strategic objectives.
- Develops and maintains client relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth.
- Develops and executes account strategy collaborating with account team and/or other business units to deliver a comprehensive product offering to meet overall customer needs.
- Manages, retains and grows revenue, responsible for sales and accountable for service performance including new sales and revenue quota attainment.
- Establishes strong, long-term customer relationships and cultivate new business opportunities.
- Continues to maintain relationships with key decision makers.
- Strategically develops and executes a growth-centric account plan and own overall strategy for growth and revenue as appropriate.
- Applies knowledge of business and its constituent workflows to conceive and position value-added solutions to promote sales and revenue growth.
- Collaborates with account team and/or other business units where required and has oversight of all account activities.
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to other internal stakeholders.
- Acts as point of contact for the client, provides escalation path to and from Service and attends to customer issues promptly as appropriate.
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to execute on account strategy and identify additional opportunities.
- Identify and work with the Client specialist team to provide customer product training as necessary.
- Advances the sale, application and evolution of products within accounts.
- Maintains up to date product knowledge on all products and solutions.
- Accountable for individual expense budget management.
- Demonstrates skills in managing and handling sales across accounts and understanding the Companies product offering
- Drives overall customer satisfaction for assigned accounts.
- May be responsible for net sales and revenue for the highest value and most complex accounts.
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of customers and their business model and workflows.
- Strong product knowledge.
- Relationship building skills.
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency.
- Problem solving--ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs.
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to collaborate with account team.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Significant work experience in applicable industry and knowledge of customer workflow required.
- Proven account management, sales or marketing experience in a customer facing environment required.
- Customer relationship management required throughout all levels within an organization.
Education / Certifications
- University/college degree may be required, equivalent experience may be considered depending on position/department
- Advanced degree may be preferred.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top