Account Manager, Media
- Tokyo, Japan
Media Account Manager, Reuters News Agency
- This position manages and grows revenue and market share at designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company's strategic objectives.
- Develops and maintains client relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth.
- Develops and executes account strategy by collaborating with account team to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions.
- Manages, retains and grows revenue, responsible for sales and the customer relationship (may include new sales and revenue quota attainment).
- Cultivates customer relationships and ensures effective service delivery to accounts.
- Focuses on customer's satisfaction, knows the customer's business and workflows, develops proper contact network within accounts.
- Supports execution of strategy at the account level.
- Works with and brings in experts/specialists onto the team where required, has oversight of all account activities.
- Responsible for forecasting, keeps management in touch with accounts in a timely fashion, gathers intelligence on competitor activity, and gives feedback to marketing.
- Acts as point of contact for the client, provides escalation path to and from Service, attends to customer issues promptly.
- Tracks customer activity in internal systems in order to execute on account strategy and identify additional opportunities.
- May provide customer product training as necessary.
- Accountable for individual expense budget management.
SCOPE & IMPACT
- Owns account relationship and drives overall customer satisfaction for assigned accounts.
- May be responsible for net sales and revenue for assigned accounts.
- This is an individual contributor role and does not have people management responsibilities.
- Works under general supervision of manager.
TECHNICAL / PROFESSIONAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Strong understanding of customers and their business model and workflows.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency.
- Problem solving - ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs.
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization.
- Ability to collaborate with account team.
- Native Japanese and business English is required.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Several years of successful sales in the Media market, good knowledge of traditional and multimedia markets, knowledge of financial markets and products.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top