Account Manager, Malaysia
The role of the Account Manager is responsible for maintaining deep customer relationships to drive account revenue retention and growth. By collaborating with internal partners, the Account Manager delivers exceptional service and a valuable solution. The position will manage a defined book of business aligned by customer segment within a geography and will be accountable for the commercial close of all deals. You will also open up larger solution opportunities and introduce Solution and Proposition Sales.
- Demonstrate deep understanding of the customer decision maker's strategies, priorities and needs
- Maintain solid understanding of Refinitiv propositions to initiate conversations and raise interest
- Build and embed a long term trusted advisor relationship within their accounts
- Drive growth by expanding Refinitiv footprint within their accounts
- Focus on maintaining overall customer engagement and expanding and retaining managed net revenue
- Oversee all commercial activities within accounts, owning the end to end customer relationship
- Drive efficiency in account administration (especially for lower value and growth potential accounts)
- Manage internal and external stakeholders and maintain networks to negotiate and close deals
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Strong understanding of customers and their business model and workflows
- Industry experience within the customer segment
- Strong product knowledge
- Relationship building skills
- Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling)
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency
- Problem solving--ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization
- Ability to collaborate with account team
- University/college degree may be required, equivalent experience may be considered depending on position/department
- Advanced degree may be preferred
- Significant work experience in applicable industry and knowledge of customer workflow required
- Proven account management, sales or marketing experience in a customer facing environment required
- Customer relationship management required throughout all levels within an organization
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. With a dynamic combination of data, insights, technology, and news from Reuters, our customers can access solutions for every challenge, including a breadth of applications, tools, and content-all supported by human expertise. At Refinitiv, we facilitate the connections that propel people and organizations to find new possibilities to move forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. Therefore we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world-regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Refinitiv is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Kuala Lumpur-Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur-Malaysia
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Lisa B.Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top