Account Manager, Inside Sales
Business Unit: Legal UKI
The legal business of Thomson Reuters delivers best-of-class solutions to help legal professionals practice the law, manage their organisation and grow their business. Our solutions include Thomson Reuters Practical Law, Westlaw UK, Sweet & Maxwell, Lawtel, Contract Express, Legal Tracker, Elite and IDS.
Our customers rely on us to deliver the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers.
The legal and regulatory world is changing rapidly. We help our customers deliver their services with accuracy, speed and confidence. Through our innovative online products, decision support tools, software and services, we provide the critical information that law firms, barristers, corporate legal departments, the public sector and academics need to work at their best. For more information, visit legal-solutions.co.uk.
Position Title: Regional Account Manager, Inside Sales
Position Type: Permanent
The Regional Account Manager - will manage and develop their territory of approximately 200 accounts with existing revenues of approx £1.5m.
The focus is on achieving sales and client relationship excellence in order to meet or exceed targets through the fulfillment of the sales strategy, and to develop accounts in the marketplace.
The role primarily requires a constant level of contact with our clients, the focus being on retention and developing new business opportunities from an existing base of clients. You will be accountable for nurturing and growing existing client relationships across Corporate's, Law Firms, Public Sector, Academics and Government. You will develop relationships with key contacts and look to broaden Thomson Reuters' impact, access and revenue from each organisation. You will create, manage and close a pipeline of new business opportunities, including software, whilst always protecting and developing existing revenue streams.
The role has a high profile within Thomson Reuters Legal and success will open significant opportunities within the business as well as ensuring development on an individual basis. The role is therefore best suited to highly motivated individuals who are ambitious for personal success.
Due to the flexible nature of the services we provide there are many opportunities that are non-core and the role therefore requires the individual to be a strategic thinker, commercial in outlook with a strong ability to pioneer.
The role also requires comprehensive account handling skills, good time management and exceptional organisational skills.
- - Renew, cross and up-sell across an existing client base to achieve and exceed sales targets.
- - Have regular account management calls with clients, a minimum of quarterly touch-points.
- - Plan and prioritise sales activities and customer contact towards achieving agreed business goals
- - Plan and manage personal business portfolio & territory according to an agreed market development strategy
- - Manage and own a sales pipeline of new business which consistently delivers above expectation results
- - Maintain and develop existing customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales methods, relevant internal liaison, to optimise quality of service, business growth and customer satisfaction
- - Daily update of all CRM systems
- - Respond to and follow up sales enquiries in a timely manner
- - Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant feedback
- - Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally using appropriate methods to facilitate the sales process
- - Attend and present at internal meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business development
- - Attend training to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
- - Adopting, adhering and championing the core company values of, Business is Global, Customers are the Heart of Everything, Performance Matters and People make the Difference
- - Conduct oneself in a highly professional and ethical manner, adopting behaviors that enhance the reputation of the company
- - Provide input into the future sales vision including new markets, new products, new customers and new ways of doing business
- - Demonstrate online and software products and successfully manage trials to sale
- - Responding to customer queries in a timely fashion to enhance and develop stronger customer relationships
- - Working with other business units and Sales Managers on projects and collaborations as required.
Mandatory Skills and Experience Required:
- - Results orientated and focus on achieving targets and objectives
- - Highly motivated and self confident in approach to role
- - Strong influencing skills with proven negotiating abilities
- - Effective time management skills
- - Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritise according to the overall plan
- - Strong people skills and understanding what motivates people
- - Strong information, fact finding and questioning abilities
- - Good networking & relationship building abilities
- - Excellent presentation skills
- - Proven reporting and account planning abilities
- - High focus on customer service and satisfaction
- - Highly comfortable with technology and online research systems
- - Strong oral and written communication skills
- - Strong numeracy skills
- - Graduate level preferred
Personal Characteristics Required:
- - Self-starter, able to initiate and implement learning on own initiative
- - Enthusiastic to develop fresh ideas and learn new skills
- - Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders
- - Highly adaptable, ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top