Account Manager - France, Belgium, Luxembourg (Reuters)
- London, United Kingdom
Media Account Manager, France & Belgium
Position based in London
Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
The Reuters News Agency Media Account Manager, France & Belgium role is responsible for licensing Reuters' news and services to the news industry. Our customers are broadcasters, print and digital publishers, corporations and governments. Reuters News Agency provides its clients with multi-media news solutions to reach their audiences. Our products include video & text feeds, pictures & graphics, packaged content and syndication services.
The Account Manager will be responsible for an established list of accounts in France & Belgium, grow the existing book of business as well as prospecting and closing new business.
- Managing and growing revenue and market share at designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company's strategic objectives.
- Finding new and developing existing client relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth.
- Developing and executing account strategy by collaborating with account team to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions.
- Consistently achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales objectives through securing new business and contract renewals in order to meet and exceed targets as agreed with the Head of Media Sales, Europe East & West.
- Cultivates customer relationships and ensures effective service delivery to accounts.
- Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate action to ensure sales and revenue targets are met or exceeded.
- Develop a pipeline of opportunities which are systematically qualified, by managing the account's decision-making process to ensure revenues are achieved.
- Develop new business by maximizing revenue contribution from target accounts through a program of pro-active sales and strategic account management.
- Provide sales performance data and information to support management decision-making.
- Provide accurate and timely account pipeline reports, account plan updates and sales forecasts through the use of SalesForce.
- Exercise thought leadership to demonstrate an understanding of the customers business strategies; presenting the compelling value proposition of Reuters Media.
- Works with and brings in experts/specialists onto the team where required, has oversight of all account activities.
- Develop a contact strategy with Editorial and key influencers via teleconference, e-mails, face to face meetings and customer events and relevant media.
- Advocate on behalf of the customer with the Reuters Media account team and relevant cross functional departments.
- Serve as primary contact for all client needs, requirements and expectations. This includes but is not limited to; the preparation of quotes, formal proposals, management of change requests and responsibility for liaising with billing and credit control departments.
- May provide customer product demo as necessary.
- Accountable for individual expense budget management.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Extensive experience in a position with sales responsibility, within the media industry, a competitor or a news agency will be a plus.
- Demonstrated track record of success in sales and exposure to content licensing is mandatory.
- Deep and broad knowledge of the media business and the markets Reuters serves in France & Belgium.
- Experience with broadcasters, publishers, online aggregators and/or wireless providers in France & Belgium.
- Ability to coordinate resources and relationships outside of direct line of responsibility.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- A thorough understanding of SalesForce CRM.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong understanding of customers and their business model and workflows.
- Ability to create and build relationships.
- Knowledge of and experience working with the ad hoc picture licensing market.
- A track record of creating and closing business development contracts (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency.
- Problem solving - ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs.
- Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization.
- French mother tongue and Fluent English are a must.
- Position based in London.
Desirable Skills and Experience :
- BSc/BA or equivalent work experience.
- Deep knowledge of competitor landscape.
Please note, the closing date for applications is Friday 5th of June at 11.59pm UK Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Back to top