Account Management Internship - Summer 2019
What better way to kick of an exciting career than an internship at Thomson Reuters? We're ready to invest in you with an opportunity. The Account Management Internship is designed to give interns a chance to help retain revenue just as a Full-Time employee would be expected. We supplement this work with amazing opportunities to meet and network with top executives across TR and in-depth training in our corporate culture with plenty of volunteer and fun activities to make the summer memorable. We look forward to welcoming you to our campus this summer!
As an Intern you are asked to strive towards several key milestones and goals. These Include:
• Learning how to effectively utilize our systems and processes to assist in servicing our clients. This includes making edits to customer products, monitoring product performance, and submitting requests to other departments to help with larger updates to customer products.
• Improve customer experience by working cross functionally to help resolve issues.
• Assist Account Managers and customers by executing tasks.
• Manage a small portfolio of customers which includes talking through product performance, editing customer products, and proactively communicating with customers to ensure all their needs are met.
In order to be successful attaining these goals, you will:
• Be an Agile Learner. Demonstrate the ability to rapidly learn new knowledge and acquire new skills
• Exercise strong Decision Making Skills and Judgment. Show the ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and then to choose the most appropriate one in a specific situation.
• Acting with Integrity. Our actions reflect our values and are principles. We always need to be able to distinguish between right and wrong.
• Be Tenacious. Display determination, persistence and patience and being resilient in the face of adversity.
To be considered, you have these qualifications:
• Be entering your Junior or Senior year of college.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette and professional attitude and integrity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top