Account Executive, West Coast
Reuters, the news and media division of Thomson Reuters, is the world's largest international multimedia news provider reaching more than one billion people every day. Reuters provides trusted business, financial, national, and international news to professionals via Thomson Reuters desktops, the world's media organizations, and directly to consumers at Reuters.com.
Thomson Reuters is seeking an experienced sales executive to drive content marketing and media revenues for Reuters Solutions. Based in the U.S (San Francisco), this role will report directly into West Coast Strategic Partnership Director. Leveraging high level client and agency relationships, the Account Executive will be responsible for driving cross portfolio sales revenues that would encompass content marketing, custom creative and media distribution. Key to this role will be the ability to present at both the client level and media agency community, and speak to the wide range of product offerings available within the Reuters Solutions portfolio.
- Weekly client and agency meetings with consumer, financial and b2b accounts, ensuring a solid understanding of client and agency requirements, and presenting Reuters credentials
- In conjunction with the research team, develop and present strong insights highlighting Reuters strengths against the competitive set
- In conjunction with the sales development team, conceptualize and develop bespoke proposals that align with client/agency requirements across Content Marketing, Reuters.TV, Reuters.com and/or Reuters News Agency distribution channels
- Ensure consistent input into Salesforce, outlining meetings and business under discussion
- In conjunction with the Head of Advertising, Americas, develop quarterly sales plan on target accounts, associated stakeholders and revenue expectations
- Ensure close collaboration with the operations team to ensure accuracy on inventory projections and share of voice prior to sending out proposals
- In conjunction with operations team ensure all campaigns are delivered in a timely manner and optimized to ensure client/agency satisfaction
- Ensure regular visibility through industry events as well as client and agency entertainment
- 4-7 years digital sales experience, this could include experience in digital media, video and native advertising.
- Must have strong experience in content marketing sales with an established rolodex across both client and agency decision makers
- Must have a strong track record of achieving or exceeding sales targets
- Proven track record of developing strong integrated media plans as well as sponsorship opportunities
- Experience working in a collaborative sales environment
- Customer-focused, with excellent written, verbal communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Ability to think and sell pan-regionally
- Extremely detail-oriented and well-organized
- Proven track record of both account management as well as driving new business through proactive initiatives
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and analytical
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a high-paced environment and under tight deadlines
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 45,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
San Francisco-California-United States of America
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Software Engineer, Centre of Cognitive Computing
Lisa works with other engineers to develop products that are powered by artificial intelligence and capable of machine learning. She also conducts research to identify new uses for existing company data.
Back to top