Account Executive, Inside - Practical Law
- Eagan, MN
The Inside Sales Specialist, Practical Law promotes and sells Practical Law solutions through outbound telephone calls to new and existing law firm customers within an assigned territory. The Inside Sales Specialist, Practical Law, is expected to meet/exceed sales and telephone activity target objectives as established. Additionally, the Sales Specialist will be expected to meet/exceed a defined sales quota target. This position supports the efforts of the Small Law Firm Sales and Customer Support organization within Thomson Reuters Legal by growing our Practical Law Solutions footprint. The Inside Sales Specialist, Practical Law, is expected to manage inbound leads, prospect for new opportunities and consistently apply superior salesmanship to win competitive opportunities. This position calls for a high level of consultative and solution based selling.
- Focuses daily effort selling to Small Law customers that are new and existing subscribers within one to ten attorney size firms within an assigned territory.
- Must be able to achieve and exceed company and personal sales and telephone activity goals through negotiations and product offering within set parameters.
- Gathers and logs all call information, sale orders, and profile activity within Salesforce, Thomson Reuters CRM system, correctly and accurately; ensuring proper marketing sources are credited appropriately.
- Individually manages In-bound trial request leads and territory assignments.
- Develops and delivers accurate sales forecasts.
- Assumes other responsibilities as required or requested by Inside Sales Management.
- Must be able to build, maintain and enhance client's experience through consultative conversation while asking leading questions and offering superior product knowledge coupled with excellent customer service
- Works with organizations (Order Fulfillment, Credit, Customer Service, etc.) throughout Thomson Reuters to ensure customer accounts are handled efficiently and accurately and customer issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Actively contributes to and works responsibly in a team environment, including collaborating with Field Sales Reps, Full Inside Territory (FIT) Reps, Print Reps and Inside Client Management.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by taking ownership for exceeding established goals.
- Obtains customer and competitive information during daily contacts and distributes as appropriate so as to develop sales strategies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of company products, special sales programs and marketing efforts within the sales division.
- Actively participates in meetings, training sessions and individual professional development and skill building.
- Actively contributes to and works responsibly in a team environment.
- Adhere to ethical standards contained in the Thomson Reuters Code of Conduct while servicing customers and meeting department goals.
- Minimum of 4 years successful sales quota attainment experience.
- College Degree in business, sales or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience in prospecting/cold calling environment required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills coupled with the ability to embrace change.
- Pipeline management skills in the CRM environment required - Salesforce.com experience strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; including ability to demonstrate online products using web-based tools (WebEx, GLANCE, Oovoo, Skype, etc.) via telephone.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate products, solutions and price with customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper telephone etiquette and professional attitude and integrity.
- Legal industry knowledge or experience, a plus.
- Ability to multi-task between the phone and computer 8 hours per day.
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top