Account Executive, Corporate Investigative - DC/MD/PA/VA/DE
Drive new sales and retain and grow an existing customer base of public records content and investigative solutions to the financial services marketplace.
- Meet annual new sales quota
- Sell at least 10% of annual new sales quota in first 90 days
- Meet annual renewal quota
- Renew at least 10% of annual renewal quota in first 90 days
- Conduct face-to-face appointments
- 5 per week with new customers
- 3 per week with existing customers
- Demonstrate and sell across the whole product bag
- CLEAR, WL Public Records, WL Court Express, Batch, system-to-system and other workflow solution tools
- Maintain a pipeline of at least 3 times new sales quota
- Update salesforce.com on an ongoing basis and work all pipeline opportunities
Competencies – Skills:
- Consultative Selling Skills: listen, ask probing questions to uncover customer needs, and quickly gain trust and credibility
- New business mining, prospecting and cold calling skills: uncover high volume of new business opportunities via web or other databases
- Effective sales presentation skills: engage in two-way dialogue to effectively tie value proposition back to customer needs
- Territory Management Skills: effectively prioritize selling activities and maximize selling time
- Accurate Forecasting: forecast with 90% accuracy
- Communication Skills: hold effective and persuasive conversations with C-level executives and identify key decision makers
Competencies – Culture:
- Commitment to People: professional, courteous, respectful and friendly
- Collaboration/Partnership: team oriented, generous with sharing best practices and feedback
- Customer first: customer-centric mentality
- Integrity: operates honestly and with high standard of ethics
- Delivering results: focused and able to take initiative, motivated, self-starter
- Positive attitude: enthusiasm, energy, passion, curiosity. Open and adaptable to change
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Minimum of 4-5 years direct field sales experience (sales experience in the corporate sector preferred) with exemplary track record of sales quota overachievement
- 4 year college degree or equivalent experience
- Able to work from home office and travel to customer locations.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Producer, Facebook Live
Stephanie creates innovative video copy for live Facebook feeds, working with reporters right in the office, as well as those stationed all around the world.
Back to top