Thomson Reuters is the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Account Director Overview:
Front-line quota carrying resource responsible for the sale of non-workflow F&R products to either a geographic territory or list of named accounts. The candidate will be responsible for new customer acquisition and penetration of current customers through incremental sales of F&R products and services.
- Strategic Planning: Develop and execute against strategic account plans.
- Product Sales: Drive product sales for all non-workflow F&R products and services within an assigned territory or set of named accounts.
- Client Relationships: Gains customer acceptance by explaining F&R value propositions. Leverage knowledge of industry challenges and opportunities to build trust and respect with current and future customers.
- Cross-Team Coordination: Serves as a critical team member of F&R sales. Collaborate with multiple specialists, sales engineers, and customer at one time. Refer all workflow solution opportunities to Global Workflow Solutions team. For largest F&R accounts with CDMs to renew key contracts.
- Forecasting and Reporting: Provide timely and accurate sales forecasts and reports to inform management's strategic decision-making.
- Sales Background: 3 - 5 years in a sales or client service organization.
- Industry Knowledge: 3 - 5 years experience working in a team selling environment. Deep understanding of F&R needs is strongly desired.
- Independent Worker: Ability to deliver results while working in a highly independent and fast-paced team environment.
- Business Acumen: Proficient at uncovering key business issues and providing insightful, actionable recommendations for improvement.
- Communication: Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We'll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Meet Some of Thomson Reuters's Employees
Madlyn works with business leaders at Thomson Reuters to ensure all employees are engaged and operating as efficiently as possible in their respective positions.
Back to top