#3 Operator in Press - 2nd or 3rd Shift
- Eagan, MN
We are hiring Press Operators for our printing plant team in Eagan, Minnesota. As a #3 Press Operator, you will be responsible for working as a member on our Core Publishing Solutions team providing operational management and technical support. You will be operating state of the art offset and digital web presses. For this role, you would also be eligible for a $2,500 signing bonus upon being in the role for 90 days.
Hours of Work - Eagan, Minnesota
- 1st shift - 6:30 am - 2:30 pm/ 2nd shift - 2:30 pm - 10:30 pm/ 3rd shift - 10:30 pm - 6:30 am
- Occasional overtime up to 4 hours per day and occasional weekend shifts
About the Role: In this opportunity as a #3 Press Operator, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the crew on the press, performing setup and production activities, typically on the back-end of the presses to ensure the press is running smoothly
- Preparing for upcoming jobs by reading the DSR and job specifications, as well as staging materials
- Quality checking products for our customers, completing transactions, bundling and tagging products
- Filling in for Lead and Mid-Level Operators as needed including covering absences or breaks
- Monitoring equipment and product quality, housekeeping procedures to maintain work area and equipment, documenting activities on Tier Boards and in relevant systems (MII, SAP), i.e., material usage, equipment issues and troubleshooting when necessary
- Using safety equipment to comply with state and federal regulations, reporting all safety and environmental hazards and attending safety and environmental training programs to ensure compliance and culture of safety
- Possess a High School Diploma or higher. Candidates with a vocational/technical degree are strongly preferred
- Some experience working in an industrial setting in a maintenance and troubleshooting capacity with a wide range of production machinery is strongly desired
- Strong mechanical and technical skills, competent with rulers and measurement
- Thorough understanding of electrical safety and safe work practices such as the use of personal protective equipment and following machine instructions and production orders
- Can regularly lift at least 5 lbs. above the shoulder as well as push, pull and lift at least 10 lbs occasionally up to 50 lbs
- Regularly standing walking, crouching, bending, reaching and kneeling
What's in it for you:
- Compensation:$2,500 sign on bonus, shift premium of 2nd shift - $2.00 per hour & 3rd shift - $3.00 per hour, bonus plan
- Learning & Development:On-the-job coaching & learning, leadership capability development, Harvard Management Courses, key talent programs, tuition reimbursement
- Benefits:Comprehensive health coverage with benefits are effective day one, 3 weeks vacation, 6 sick days, 9 company holidays, 3 float days, uniform and laundry service, 401(K)
- Perks:Social events & activities, 2 paid volunteer workdays a year, gym reimbursement, cell phone discounts
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top