#2 Operator in Bindery or Subscription Services - 2nd or 3rd Shift
- Eagan, MN
- Reviews job specifications for material and set-up requirements.
- Performs or delegates/oversees set-up tasks.
- Monitors the equipment and product through the job run to ensure a high quality product.
- Performs moderately complex trouble-shooting related to product or equipment.
- Communicates effectively during shift and at shift hand-off.
- Evaluates mechanical condition of equipment, completes preventive maintenance; involving Maintenance as needed.
- May use computer based workflow applications to manage files.
- Accurately documents activities on Tier Boards and in relevant systems (MII, SAP), i.e., material usage, equipment issues, etc.
- Accurately marks, verifies, and tags loads correctly to ensure inventory accuracy.
- May provide work direction to others, whether direct crew or other individuals in the workstream.
- Actively participates company safety programs and contributes to a safe culture.
- Performs training as needed.
- Meets or exceeds established quality and productivity standards utilizing standard work procedures.
- Implements, performs and sustains housekeeping procedures to maintain work area and equipment.
- Generates, implements, and sustains continuous improvement ideas.
- Participates in project teams as needed.
- May back up other operators to cover absences or breaks.
- May use computer-based workflow to manage files.
- Recommends process improvements; implements process improvements.
- Some vocational training after high school/GED, or high school diploma plus on-the-job training leading to development of equivalent skills.
- Experience leading and training others
- Strong mechanical and technical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot, and work independently and as part of a team to resolve issues
- Solid understanding of Lean concepts and continuous improvement
- Competent with rulers and measurement
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and production orders
Must Have Ability to:
- Regularly lift above the shoulders up to 5 lbs. and rarely up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly carry, push, pull, lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Grasp repetitively throughout shift.
- Regularly walk, crouch, bend, stoop, reach, and kneel throughout shift.
- Stand up to 7.2 hours per 8 hour shift, standing time increases with overtime.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment including steel toe shoes and ear protection.
- Work with powered industrial vehicles.
- Work overtime up to 4 hours and weekend shifts.
- Perfect Binders with up to 40 station collators, 3-knife trimmers, inline boxing and palletizing
- Hard-cover casing-in lines
- Collating/Kitting lines with up to 30 streamfeeder stations
- Packaging/cartooning lines
- Sitma mail lines
- Aster Sewing Equipment
- Hot Foil Stampers
- Safe and temperature-controlled work environment
- State of the art manufacturing equipment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks of vacation and 4 Floating Holidays
- 8 Company Holidays
- Bonus Plan
- Competitive Wages and Shift Differential
- Access to learning and development resources
- Training and development to support career growth
- Tuition reimbursement
- Regular performance feedback
- Opportunity to get involved with teams focused on safety, quality and more
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top