#2 Operator in Bindery or Subscription Services - 1st Shift
- Eagan, MN
- Reviews job specifications for material and set-up requirements.
- Performs or delegates/oversees set-up tasks.
- Monitors the equipment and product through the job run to ensure a high quality product.
- Performs moderately complex trouble-shooting related to product or equipment.
- Communicates effectively during shift and at shift hand-off.
- Evaluates mechanical condition of equipment, completes preventive maintenance; involving Maintenance as needed.
- May use computer based workflow applications to manage files.
- Accurately documents activities on Tier Boards and in relevant systems (MII, SAP), i.e., material usage, equipment issues, etc.
- Accurately marks, verifies, and tags loads correctly to ensure inventory accuracy.
- May provide work direction to others, whether direct crew or other individuals in the workstream.
- Actively participates company safety programs and contributes to a safe culture.
- Performs training as needed.
- Meets or exceeds established quality and productivity standards utilizing standard work procedures.
- Implements, performs and sustains housekeeping procedures to maintain work area and equipment.
- Generates, implements, and sustains continuous improvement ideas.
- Participates in project teams as needed.
- May back up other operators to cover absences or breaks.
- May use computer-based workflow to manage files.
- Recommends process improvements; implements process improvements.
- Some vocational training after high school/GED, or high school diploma plus on-the-job training leading to development of equivalent skills.
- Experience leading and training others
- Strong mechanical and technical skills, with the ability to troubleshoot, and work independently and as part of a team to resolve issues
- Solid understanding of Lean concepts and continuous improvement
- Competent with rulers and measurement
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and production orders
Must Have Ability to:
- Regularly lift above the shoulders up to 5 lbs. and rarely up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly carry, push, pull, lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Grasp repetitively throughout shift.
- Regularly walk, crouch, bend, stoop, reach, and kneel throughout shift.
- Stand up to 7.2 hours per 8 hour shift, standing time increases with overtime.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment including steel toe shoes and ear protection.
- Work with powered industrial vehicles.
- Work 1st shift (6:30am - 2:30pm)
- Work overtime up to 4 hours and weekend shifts.
- Perfect Binders with up to 40 station collators, 3-knife trimmers, inline boxing and palletizing
- Hard-cover casing-in lines
- Collating/Kitting lines with up to 30 streamfeeder stations
- Packaging/cartooning lines
- Sitma mail lines
- Aster Sewing Equipment
- Hot Foil Stampers
- Safe and temperature-controlled work environment
- State of the art manufacturing equipment
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- 3 Weeks of vacation and 3 Floating Holidays
- 9 Company Holidays
- Bonus Plan
- Competitive Wages
- Access to learning and development resources
- Training and development to support career growth
- Tuition reimbursement
- Regular performance feedback
- Opportunity to get involved with teams focused on safety, quality and more
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Back to top