- Lanham, MD
Build your career, design a future at Thompson Creek Window Company. We are the premier home improvement replacement products company serving the Mid-Atlantic region for more than 30 years. We’re proud of our history, and proud to help our communities improve the comfort and conditions of their homes. We have been proudly named a Top Workplace for 2019 Richmond Times Dispatch, 2019 by The Washington Post, and Inc. Magazine 2019.
Thompson Creek Window Company is looking for a Systems Administrator who is responsible for daily maintenance and operations of Company IT equipment. This role will be the primary support for all company communications equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversees all company communication and related services, including, but not limited to:
- Mobile device inventory and management, including MDM services and cellular providers.
- Phone system support of on-premises server and client software, phone related hardware, and voice providers.
- Manage and maintain company-wide copy, print and fax services.
- Office365, Teams, Yammer, etc.
- Administers internal Company services, including Active Directory, network services (DNS, DHCP, etc), SAP, Exchange, building security access, user onboard/offboarding and others as necessary.
- Provides network support including set up, configuration, and maintenance of the corporate LAN including network printing, access rights, firewalls, directory hierarchy, and server/network hardware installation.
- Monitors helpdesk and IssueTrak systems and ensure a timely response to all requests.
- Provides help desk support relating to software and hardware.
- Makes recommendations for new/altered technologies that would contribute to system cost savings and/or productivity improvements.
- Manages and maintains inventory of all technology assets including hardware and software.
- Configures and maintains all end user equipment, systems and applications.
- Provides training to users on new equipment and software.
- Provides support for all company applications.
- Administers backup software and hardware.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
Education & Experience:
- A high school diploma or GED and three years in a computer related field involving hardware, software installation, and support experience; any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), SAP ECC, CRM, Contact Center Phone system or VOIP experience preferred.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Resource Management (People & Equipment) - Ability to obtain and appropriate the proper usage of equipment, facilities, materials, as well as personnel.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Coaching and Development - Ability to provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Professionalism – Conduct and appearance is professional and to company standards and policies.
- Planning & Organization - Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently. Develops methods to accomplish work.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures
About Thompson Creek
Thompson Creek Window Company is a privately owned and family-operated manufacturer and installer of energy-efficient home improvement replacement products. Founded in 1980, Thompson Creek began as a manufacturer of energy-efficient, maintenance-free vinyl windows. Since that time, Thompson Creek has evolved into one of the leading specialty home improvement contracting companies in the nation. The company’s product mix includes replacement windows and doors, vinyl siding and a clog-free gutter system. Thompson Creek is headquartered in Lanham, MD with a state-of-the-art 120,000 square foot manufacturing facility in Upper Marlboro, MD. Thompson Creek is listed on the Inc Top Workplaces 2019 and the Washington Post Top Workplaces 2019.
Thompson Creek Window Company participates in E*Verify
Back to top