Springfield, VA Location
Production / Warehouse Environment
NOT metro accessible
Tuesday - Saturday
This position entails working in a loud, industrial environment with machinery.
- Keeping pressroom floors and walls free of debris such as paper, ink, and rags;
- Emptying waste carts in Pressroom and Reelroom;
- Cleaning external surfaces, lights, and brackets of printing presses,
- Sweeping and mopping decks of printing presses;
- Mopping floors and operating floor scrubbers;
- Operating mule in order to drain ink sumps;
- Manually scrap and wash dirty ink buckets;
- Handle chemicals in accordance with proper safety procedures;
- Act as back up in assisting with machine operation; including moving rolls of newsprint, prepping newsprint, stacking newspaper bundles, sorting, stripping, bundling and shipping of cores, and operating various types of production machinery in a safe manner;
- Operating the JBT system
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a safe manner around heavy equipment efficiently and effectively;
- Ability to shift priorities and perform duties based on changing demands of pressroom;
- Communicates effectively with supervisor and co-workers when issues or concerns arise;
- Reliable transportation and the ability to work various shifts;
- Ability to perform physical duties that require bending, climbing ladders, kneeling, lifting, pushing, reaching and walking;
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Work with minimal supervision;
- 1-2 years experience preferred in a fast-paced, deadline-orientated environment.
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Bhavya leads the Mobile Team and pushes her staff to develop apps—primarily on Android—for the organization's native flagship products, as well as for partner applications.
Back to top