Senior Systems Administrator
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Senior systems Engineer is an all-rounder supporting all components of enterprise infrastructure including Microsoft servers/Active Directory, Storage solutions, AWS Technologies and VMWare VSphere Virtualization. Core expertise in three or more of the above mentioned technologies is essential.
- Support and maintain Active Directory infrastructure including identity management, Group Policy updates, Software updates, FSMO roles, DNS, DHCP, Sites and services etc.
- Support storage infrastructure - SAN/NAS, backup and recovery.
- Support and maintain 3200+ email users currently on a hybrid Office 365 & Exchange 2013 environment.
- Lead cloud migration initiatives.
- Lead activities such as system builds, application installation, configuration and monitoring.
- Support Windows/Unix Server systems as both Physical and Virtual Machines
- Respond to escalation calls from the Help desk, Desktop support, and other teams to resolve issues and perform maintenance.
- Participate in on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant major along with:
- Understanding of networking terminologies and functions (routing, switching, firewall)
- Extensive experience with VMware technologies including NSX.
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud technologies - EC2/ECS/Route53/VPC/IAM/SES
- Solid understanding of Exchange and other messaging technologies
- Experience with supporting Outlook, OWA, activesync.
- Great knowledge on email Security - WhiteListing/Blacklisting, Local Spam issues, eDiscovery, Email Management, Mailbox exports for litigation purposes
- Experience with storage infrastructure - SAN Fibre channel(Hardware, Switches and zoning) and iSCSI ; NAS (NFS/CIFS/SMB)
- Experience with Dell Compellent and Dell NAS a huge plus
- Strong technical and trouble-shooting skills required
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Director of Product
The Product Team is the glue between core engineering and the rest of the company, and Joey leads them all, creating ingenious products that connect The Post’s world-class journalism with readers worldwide.
Back to top