Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer with Extensive MySQL, Oracle, SQL-Query skills, Analytical skills - ability to analyze business data and present data to drive and support business decisions. Linux, Java, Python and Tableau skills extremely helpful. Knowledge of accounting/financial principles helpful, ability to develop and support system interfaces and processes in an enterprise environment. Query performance tuning, ability to develop and maintain stored procedures and develop automated reporting and tasks. Ability to work directly with internal clients to analyze and develop technical solutions.
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated history, and passion for, solving complex technical challenges with data driven solutions, and a particular focus on efficiency and performance. Previous experience with back-end database development required.
MINIMUM RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Maintaining and building new interfaces, programs and processes for financial, production and advertising systems.
- Working in an agile environment, lead customer-focused efforts to analyze business data, enhance reporting capabilities and data visualization.
- Owning the end to end process of problem identification, solution, development and deployment.
- Working in tandem with business partners to build leading edge products that have a material impact on The Washington Post and the industry.
- Strong experience SQL & MySQL and/or Oracle
- Experience writing complex queries & interfaces
- Experience with query performance tuning
- 3-5+ years experience preferred focusing on enterprise systems
- Excellent judgment, both in technical and organizational problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills with both technical peers and non-technical partners
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Joey M.Director of Product
The Product Team is the glue between core engineering and the rest of the company, and Joey leads them all, creating ingenious products that connect The Post’s world-class journalism with readers worldwide.
Back to top