Senior Full Stack Engineer
- Washington, DC
The Washington Post is hiring a Senior Full Stack Engineer for our subscription team to focus on acquiring and retaining digital subscribers. Digital subscriptions is a fast paced, high growth environment that respects its engineers and customers. We are looking for a self-driven engineer with a conscientious mentality and a commitment to innovate with high quality work. In this role, you have a direct impact on The Post's top line performance and the opportunity to work with colleagues from all parts of the company from Marketing to the Newsroom.
- Build highly scalable and performant rest API's that supports the Digital Subscriptions mission.
- Build and support the underlying infrastructure on which our API's are built.
- Use your experience to help guide technical decisions and participate in technical architecture discussions.
- Work directly with product managers and occasionally stakeholders from either the Newsroom or other internal teams to help translate business requirements into technical tasks.
- Serve in an on-call capacity.
What we're looking for
It's okay to not meet 100% of these requirements! We're primarily looking for people who meet some of these requirements and are motivated to learn new technologies and expand their skill set.
- Experience with back-end technologies such as Java, Spring Boot, and JUnit.
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker and Jenkins.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as S3, ECS, EC2, and CloudWatch.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests to ensure code quality.
- Experience in agile software development teams and working iteratively with designers, product managers, and stakeholders.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow?
Back to top