Senior Developer - Back End SQL
We are seeking a Senior Backend Software Engineer with Extensive MySQL, SQL-Query skills, Analytical skills - ability to analyze business data and present data to drive business decision, Linux skills, knowledge of accounting/financial principles helpful, ability to develop and support system interfaces and processes
The ideal candidate has a demonstrated history, and passion for, solving complex technical challenges with a particular focus on efficiency and performance. Our team shares a deep passion for journalism and a strong commitment to improving the experience for readers, both directly and indirectly (through powerful tools that empower our internal users to create spectacular experiences).
MINIMUM RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Leading and participating in major architectural decisions, helping to review code and implementations, and bring in new and emerging technologies into the organization.
- Promoting an agile - prototype first - culture that prizes continuous learning and growth, while maintaining a high regard for quality.
- Owning the end to end technical requirements and roadmap for major engineering products.
- Working in tandem with business partners to build leading edge products that have a material impact on The Washington Post and the industry.
- Strong experience SQL & MySQL
- Experience writing complex queries & interfaces
- 3-5+ years focusing on enterprise systems
- Excellent judgment, both in technical and organizational problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills with both technical peers and non-technical partner
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Bhavya leads the Mobile Team and pushes her staff to develop apps—primarily on Android—for the organization's native flagship products, as well as for partner applications.
Back to top