Scrum Master: Contract to Hire
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post's world-class Information Technology is on the ground floor of some of the most exciting, game-changing projects in the news media industry; projects involving cutting-edge tools that promise to revolutionize how our award-winning journalists tell their stories. To succeed in this mission, we're searching for a dynamic Scrum Master to play a critical role in coaching and training teams as they use the Scrum framework. It's your chance to take your career to the next exciting level, and to play a major part in The Post's future as one of the world's most trusted and respected news sources.
• Facilitate Scrum events
• Coach product managers, delivery managers and engineering teams on the effective application of agile values, principles and practices.
• Create a environment where teams feel empowered to self organize, introspect, ideate and experiment
• Be flexible in the face of change, create and support light weight processes and practices that are adaptable
• Collect meaningful metrics and track trends to help teams plan and execute better.
• Identify anti-patterns and make them transparent.
• Protect the team from distractions while they focus on their goals
• Work with other Scrum masters to learn and share experiences and ideas
• 2-5 years' experience as a Scrum Master serving multiple teams.
• Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
• A common sense approach to agility that is focused on better outcomes irrespective of methodologies, practices or processes.
• Professional experience in acting, teaching, improv, military, waiting tables, customer service, social work, medicine, nursing, community organizing or recruiting is a plus.
• Experience working with distributed teams.
• Excellent communication, coaching and mentoring skills.
Back to top