PTOC Utility Mailer
Part Time On Call
Springfield, VA - NOT Metro Accessible
6 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
1:45 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
9:30 p.m. to 5 a.m.
7.5 total hours, 7 hours paid (30 minute lunch)
As a part-time, on-call Utility Mailer, you'll work in our Production and Manufacturing plant and perform a range of duties essential to getting The Washington Post on the streets and into readers' hands:
- feeding advertising material into production machinery
- lifting and stacking newspaper bundles
- 7-day-a-week, 24-hour work environment that demands dedication, focus, a commitment to producing a top-notch paper.
- Assist with production duties
- Lift/stack newspaper bundles with/without forklifts
- Operate heavy production machinery
- Follow appropriate safety procedures
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Access to reliable transportation to our production plant in Springfield, VA
- Ability to work well in an industrial, high-noise environment
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven workplace
- Ability to follow Personal Protection Equipment policies
- Ability to be accountable for personal performance
- Some experience working in a plant environment or doing manual labor (desired)
- Track record of reliable attendance and workplace accuracy
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Bhavya leads the Mobile Team and pushes her staff to develop apps—primarily on Android—for the organization's native flagship products, as well as for partner applications.
Back to top