Professional Services Engineering Lead
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
Arc Publishing is a product engineering and services group at The Washington Post. We build software to meet the needs of The Post, while also making the same software available to customers in media and non-media industries around the world.
The Arc suite of products provides content-centered companies with the tools they need to author, manage and publish content to meet the ever-changing demands of their digital consumers. Arc is quickly becoming the leader in publishing-focused software development.
Built 100% on AWS, the Arc platform follows a microservice architecture. All of our software teams use devops to deliver and maintain products.
Our processes are lightweight, which allows our teams to innovate quickly to bring new ideas to market. New features and products are deployed to our customer base every day.
The platform is operated by Arc as Software as a Service, and our Professional Services team offers both end-to-end project implementation and consulting to help clients implement on Arc.
We are currently looking for a hands on Engineering Lead to manage a small team of engineers, and lead the technical direction of project implementations on the Arc Professional Services team. The ideal candidate is a proactive problem solver that likes to improve on how we run today but should be running tomorrow.
- Manage a full stack team of software engineers that design, implement, instrument, test, deploy and support their own code.
- Coach team members on a daily basis, set goals and conduct performance reviews.
- Regularly contribute to the technical implementation with up to 50% of hands on development and architecture.
- Be responsible for the overall success of complex technical projects in an Agile process.
- Have a deep understanding of our products and lead the implementation of client solutions.
- Have an understanding of client needs and design solutions for how to achieve them.
- Assist teams to maintain a balanced delivery workload.
- Partner with Product Owners to maintain a roadmap and project plan that meets the demands of our clients.
- Turn the project roadmap into staffing needs and a hiring strategy.
- Implement a technical strategy that ensures future success of your products and teams.
- Build client relationships and interact with executive level stakeholders and technical experts.
- Ability to travel as needed. Typically 20%.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable customer facing applications.
- Experience leading the implementation of technical products and mentoring junior and senior developers.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Experience in architecting solutions using microservices operating on public cloud providers.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience managing engineers.
- Experience with end-to-end testing frameworks.
- Experience with website optimizations tools
- Experience with Header Bidding, Google Ad Manager, or equivalent advertising platform
Back to top