Product Manager - Website & Video
The mobile products team is a small group that's passionate about the intersection of news and technology. We're news junkies who live on our smartphones, play on our tablets and think the Internet of Things is the next big thing. We're looking for team members who can work through technical challenges with developers, explore new user interactions with designers and dream up news experiences with editors. A demonstrated fluency with the major mobile operating systems (iOS / Android) is preferred.
The mobile revolution is underway and we're looking for a product manager who can help bring our applications to the next level. This person will identify and implement new features for our suite of mobile apps, working closely with colleagues and stakeholders throughout the organization. The ideal candidate will be an avid mobile user who is passionate about news consumption and new business models over connected devices.
- Identify and actualize new features for our mobile products.
- Manage the prioritization of features within a very crowded roadmap.
- Oversee relationships with software development vendors and technology partners.
- Translate feature ideas into actionable product requirements for developers (written and verbal).
- Collaborate with colleagues in news, technology, design, sales and research on the execution of new features.
- Analyze data about our users to make informed recommendations about how we should grow our products.
- Work side-by-side with developers to develop, iterate and refine products.
- Test mobile products at various stages of development to ensure seamless rollouts for our users.
- Bachelor's Degree required; journalism experience preferred
- Demonstrated communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience with human interface guidelines and best practices on iOS and Android is preferred
- 2+ years experience in media or consumer-facing online applications
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines
- Team-oriented mindset with a passion for technology
- Experience with digital ad sales a plus.
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Bhavya leads the Mobile Team and pushes her staff to develop apps—primarily on Android—for the organization's native flagship products, as well as for partner applications.
Back to top