Organizational Development Lead
- Washington, DC
We are looking for an experienced organizational development consultant to join our HR team in building a robust culture that drives engagement, development, and high performance throughout our workforce. In this highly consultative role, you will conceive, design, and implement solutions to advance the capabilities of employees across all levels and parts of the company. Leading efforts in leadership development, career development, and culture-building, you will drive company-wide change for our vibrant, highly skilled, mission driven workforce.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Build content for and implement customized, innovative adult learning programs that drive short-term and long-term change
- Facilitate training for existing programs (e.g., interview training, goal setting, performance management) and custom programs (e.g., leadership projects, culture initiatives, various workshops)
- Lead branding, communication, administration and facilitation for internal programs of workshops, events, digital campaigns and other experiences
- Meet with managers and individual contributors for coaching and consulting around business needs
- Continually identify business/employee opportunities and provide solutions to meet them
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR TEAM:
- At least 7 years of OD experience, building programs based in adult learning concepts
- A highly creative mind that is always learning and finds unique, bold and effective solutions
- High level of ownership in work; ability to design and see things through from strategy to details
- Ability to shift thinking from company level to programmatic level to individual deliverables
- Solid experience consulting with executives and managers on real-time problems
- Ability to work on different types of tasks rapidly; ability to pivot quickly
- Ability to build credibility and maintain productive relationships across the company
- Strong presentation, facilitation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive change in a complex organization
- A bachelor's degree in OD, HR, Marketing, or Business (master's degree preferred)
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow?
Back to top