Manager, Occupational Health
- Demonstrates leadership ability and commitment to TWP values and goals;
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing;
- Virginia RN License required;
- Three years' experience in occupational health, as a school nurse, emergency room nursing or ICU;
- CPR/AED Certification;
- Knowledge of Worker's Compensation laws preferred;
- Certification as an occupational hearing conservationist is desired;
- Ability to work well independently and use good judgement with a group under pressure.
- Delivering comprehensive nursing care;
- Conduct job placement health screenings;
- Work to minimize employee absenteeism through return to work assessments/fitness for duty evaluations and case management.
- Promoting and supporting health and safety initiatives;
- Effectively conducting site health and safety needs analysis;
- Developing, implementing and evaluating key health and safety programs;
- Hiring, supervising and scheduling nursing staff;
- Developing, managing and reporting on departmental budget;
- Administer training in all OSHA required areas.
- All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described on this posting.
- Public transportation is not available.
DAYS & HOURS: Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; This position requires availability for phone calls and emails during off hours
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Bhavya leads the Mobile Team and pushes her staff to develop apps—primarily on Android—for the organization's native flagship products, as well as for partner applications.
Back to top