Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
The Washington Post is looking to hire a sharp HRIS Analyst for a client-facing role here on our HR team! This HRIS Analyst will be primarily responsible for understanding our clients' business requirements and configuring business processes in Workday; the position also provides ample opportunities to work on a wide range of other projects in multiple Workday modules. The HRIS team manages all Workday HCM modules; the selected candidate will develop expertise around absence management, benefits, compensation, recruiting, talent, time tracking, and staffing. Internal and external training and knowledge sharing will be provided as needed to expand the candidate's skillset further. This position is located in downtown Washington, D.C., named among "the coolest cities in America."
- Configure and implement business process upgrades and enhancements, lead testing and data validation, and ensure that overall system performance is aligned with business objectives
- Work closely with HR leadership, business partners and technical teams to gather and define requirements, recommendations, document changes for change control purposes, design and implement solutions, and ensure user ease of adoption
- Create review and participate in functional and regression testing for all system fixes, upgrades, patches, and other maintenance-including bi-annual Workday releases and new system features-and participate in the communication of changes and benefits to end users
- Lead projects as defined by leadership, which includes leading meetings, providing regular project updates, and adhering to project deadlines
- Partner with all areas of HR to create, edit and prepare reports and user-friendly dashboards
- Train internal HR operations team members as needed
- Support relevant domain integrations
- HCM Transactions: Reviewing and processes all employee transactions, such as job changes, comp changes, promotions, and terminations
- 1+ years of HRIS or related experience preferred.
- Ability to influence the adoption of the optimal approach at all levels and drive the seamless delivery of projects
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage and work to bring clarity through ambiguity and complexity and support multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly responsive to business needs
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives at one time
- Able to work well independently and under pressure
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data with confidentiality and integrity; ability to exercise appropriate judgment.
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in information systems, computer science, human resources management, or business administration.
Back to top