HR Business Partner - NYC
- New York, NY
Internal Job Title: HR Manager
Are you an HR Professional who thrives on being responsible for all aspects of HR? Do you shine when you're embedded with the client? This Human Resources Manager is responsible for providing both strategic and tactical HR support to the New York office . This HR Manager will provide functional expertise, leadership, support and guidance to management and employees. The successful candidate will partner closely with senior leaders, managers, and HR colleagues to build a high-performance organization and culture that recognizes and values differences and where teamwork is expected, and employees do their best work. Provides hands on HR expertise in the areas of employee relations, employee development, training, on-boarding and more. This role will represent HR by communicating philosophies, processes, policies, and capabilities to department management and employees.
- Actively work to shape the culture of the New York office, particularly as it relates to our catalysts (ideas, speed, ownership and leadership), as well as promoting our bedrock value of integrity
- Serve as a sounding board for managers who may be struggling to resolve difficult people issues, confront problems, raise standards, and improve hiring practices. Offer practical advice to managers and push to increase their leadership capacity
- Conduct and resolve investigations related to complaints in or about the New York office
- Onboard all newly hired employees in the New York office, including conducting orientation as well as 30-, 60-, and 90- day check-ins. For those in union-covered roles, oversee and administer the probationary period for all newly hired employees
- Conduct exit interviews for New York based employees who exit the organization, compiling the data into themes, and sharing those themes with managers in the New York office, as well as the CRO
- Conduct training for managers in the New York office, and sometimes for New York employees, including training around goal-setting, giving and receiving feedback, and preparing for and conducting appraisals. Work with managers in the process of writing and conducting appraisals with the aim of delivering more honest, balanced, comprehensive, and developmental appraisals
- Partner closely with the Talent Acquisition team based in DC regarding their recruiting for positions based in New York
- This role will support the HR Department and The Post's Talent Strategy for Growth (six major pillars included Leadership, Culture, Diversity, Talent, Marketing, Workplace Technology, and Data & Analytics) by tailoring our initiatives in each of these six areas for the New York office. Connect the broader work of the company to the New York office so that this growing location feels more a part of The Post, and less like an outpost
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years as a Human Resources Generalist in increasingly responsible roles, or and equivalent combination of experience and education
- Working knowledge of HR functional areas through prior experience as an HR generalist
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow?
Back to top