Full Stack Software Engineer - Subscriptions
- Flexible / Remote
The Washington Post is hiring a Full Stack Engineer for our subscription team to focus on acquiring and retaining digital subscribers. Digital subscriptions is a fast paced, high growth environment that respects its engineers and customers. We are looking for a self-driven engineer with a conscientious mentality and a commitment to innovate with high quality work. In this role, you have a direct impact on The Post's top line performance and the opportunity to work with colleagues from all parts of the company from Marketing to the Newsroom.
- Work across many backend services which power subscriber experiences onsite and in native mobile apps.
- Familiar with React and nextJS and able to work on our frontend applications.
- Write high-quality code with best practices and design patterns in mind and engage in code review/quality assurance.
- Work with your partners from different teams and disciplines to create a scalable experimentation and personalization architecture.
- Consult with your partners in Product to form sprint goals and break work into atomic units.
- Optimize the underlying AWS infrastructure for subscription services for performance and cost.
- Use your experience to help guide technical decisions and participate in technical architecture discussions.
- This role requires limited on-call hours. An on-call schedule will be determined a couple of months after you join, taking into account team size and other variables.
What we're looking for
It's okay to not meet 100% of these requirements! We're primarily looking for people who meet some of these requirements and are motivated to learn new technologies and expand their skill set.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with back-end technologies such as Java, Spring Boot, and JUnit.
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker and Jenkins.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as S3, ECS, EC2, and CloudWatch.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle and MySQL.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests to ensure code quality.
- Experience in agile software development teams and working iteratively with designers, product managers, and stakeholders.
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow?
Back to top