Full Stack Software Engineer
Please list all professional experience and explain any gaps in employment history.
Arc Publishing is a product engineering group at The Washington Post. We build software to meet the needs of The Post, while also making the same software available to publishers around the world via software as a service.
The Arc suite of products provides publishers with the tools they need to author, manage and publish content to meet the ever-changing demands of news readers. Arc is quickly becoming the leader in publishing-focused software development.
Built 100% on AWS, the Arc platform follows a microservice architecture. All of our software teams use devops to deliver and maintain products. Our processes are lightweight, which allows our teams to innovate quickly to bring new ideas to market. New features and products are deployed to our customer base every day.
We are currently looking for software engineers who build JS based full-stack applications in a serverless AWS environment. You will work on two products; PageBuilder Themes which is a website theming engine that allows customers to quickly build and deploy React.js based websites, and PageBuilder Fusion which is the rendering engine for the Themes product. Fusion is a fully serverless application built with React and Node.js and architected on AWS with Lambda, S3, DynamoDB and Elasticache.
- Collaborate with team members in designing state of the art Theme based websites in React.js.
- Learn and support existing highly-scalable backend services and applications within AWS.
- Own responsibility for running applications using CI/CD practices such as automated builds, deployments and tests.
- Setting up and reacting to production application monitoring.
- Active participation in team agile activities such as story grooming, planning work backlog, work estimation, sprint planning, retros, demos, etc.
- Sharing ideas and experiences as well as asking questions. In other words, working to remove ambiguity for both oneself and team members.
- Eagerness to learn and help others evolve and grow their skill set. Sharing knowledge about new software languages, tools and applications.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years experience building highly-scalable customer facing applications.
- Experience working with Node.JS
- Familiarity with continuous-integration tools and patterns.
- Familiarity with serverless architecture, tools and patterns.
- Experience building web applications on AWS and AWS Lambda.
- Experience with end-to-end testing frameworks.
- Experience with devops teams that own the full engineering lifecycle.
- Experience analyzing application and cloud environment performance.
- Experience working with client development teams to realize solutions on top of existing platforms.
Back to top