Full Stack Engineer
- Washington, DC
Arc Publishing is a product engineering group at The Washington Post. We build software to meet the needs of The Post, while also making the same software available to other publishers around the world via software as a service.
The Arc suite of products provides publishers with the tools they need to author, manage and publish content to meet the ever-changing demands of news readers. Arc is quickly becoming the leader in publishing-focused software development.
Built 100% on AWS, the Arc platform follows a microservice architecture. All of our software teams use devops to deliver and maintain products. Our processes are lightweight, which allows our teams to innovate quickly to bring new ideas to market. New features and products are deployed to our customer base every day.
We are currently looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to help us build and maintain several key web-based applications to expand our capabilities on the Arc Platform. Our newsroom apps create an engaging experience that allows for productivity and speed of publishing.
- Develop front end components
- Develop Back-end architecture
- Design user interactions on the platform
- Create and maintain servers and databases
- Design and develop APIs
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years experience building highly-scalable customer facing applications
- Proficiency in server side programming language or framework; Node
- Familiarity with continuous-integration tools and patterns; CodePipeline, Jenkins, CircleCI, CI/CD, Git, Artifactory, Deployment Pipelines, Incremental Release
- Experience with a database or event processing systems; MongoDB, MySql, Kafka, Kinesis, InfluxDB, Graphana
- Experience building web applications on AWS
- Experience consuming AWS APIs, specifically: Cloudwatch, Cloudfront, S3, Elemental
- Experience with data aggregation and familiarity with concept of "Data Lake"
- Experience with end-to-end testing frameworks
- Experience as a member of a DevOps team that own the full engineering lifecycle
- Experience analyzing application and cloud environment performance
- Experience building and supporting Software as a Service applications
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow?
Back to top