Content Strategist (B2I)
WP BrandStudio, the native advertising studio for The Washington Post, creates enriching, engaging and compelling custom content programs that convey brand messaging within the standards of journalistic excellence that Washington Post readers demand. As part of this team, the Creative Strategist/Writer will specialize in ideating and articulating content and platform concepts in response to client RFPs. While this is primarily a pre-sales role, the Creative Strategist/Writer will occasionally contribute to post-sale executions and other writing needs. In addition, this role will help manage overall RFP workflow, deadlines and delivery.
- Work in collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Production and Design team to assess program objectives, brainstorm ideas and conduct research as necessary to lay out clear, concise, compelling, 360-degree content strategy plans that align with client goals
- Work entails Ideation for renowned brands creating engaging content for an influential general interest readership. Ideas may be needed for a media company one day, and auto manufacturer the next.
- Leverage campaign performance data and industry and audience insights to create strategic recommendations that will deliver on KPIs such as brand perception, lift and engagement
- Communicate concepts, ideas and rationale with clients and internal and external project stakeholders
- Create sharp, intelligent long- and short-form copy for RFP response decks including headlines, program titles and social media promotion
- Manage proposal deadlines and deliverables to meet strict schedule requirements
- Track success of sponsored content programs, topics and formats, compile statistics and provide recommendations for future programs
- Stay abreast of content marketing and native advertising trends in order to follow—and transcend—sponsored content best practices
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and 2+ years of paid content creation experience, ideally in a fulltime writing or editing position that includes proposal writing at a publisher, agency or PR firm
- Outstanding writer with robust experience in digital, social media, mobile, video and live event platforms, the ability to translate complex technical material into reader-facing language and the flexibility to adjust style and thinking to a variety of formats, templates, brand categories and industry verticals
- Wide subject matter expertise is essential. The right candidate will be a top-notch generalist up to speed on everything from technology, world news and futurism to pop culture, fine dining and travel. We get RFPs from an wide range of brands that want content that appeals to Washington Post's intelligent general interest readership.
- Self-motivated researcher and information-seeker with a love of interactive and immersive storytelling and a passion for uncovering surprising data and colorful details
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively and manage multiple projects in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Bhavya leads the Mobile Team and pushes her staff to develop apps—primarily on Android—for the organization's native flagship products, as well as for partner applications.
Back to top