Content Editor B2C
The Washington Post's in-house creative agency is looking for an experienced content editor/writer to assign, oversee and execute editorial branded content work for clients, primarily in B2C and B2I. We are a fast-growing team of strategists, editors, writers, designers, developers, producers, and program managers with a focus on creating the most innovative, award-winning multi-media programs for Washington Post advertisers.
Reporting to the head of WP BrandStudio, our ideal candidate is much more than a traditional editor. She/he is a digital, cross-media storyteller extraordinaire, with extensive experience recognizing when and where to include digital story-telling tools (data visualizations, video, photography, interactives, etc.) to enhance the narrative. Also essential is the ability to adopt different styles and tones and to write/edit conversationally, taking a strong POV while subtly integrating clients' messaging and driving their goals. A blend of journalism and content marketing/advertising background is ideal for this role. A passion for the bourgeoning native advertising/custom content space is absolutely essential.
This is a full-time position based in The Washington Post's NYC office in the Flatiron District. Candidates must submit work samples/portfolios to be considered.
Come help us craft compelling, multi-media stories at the intersection of our clients' goals and the interests of The Washington Post audience.
Note: Please submit a cover letter and relevant writing samples to be considered
- Flesh out a concept into a detailed multi-media program and execution description, based on nuanced understanding of a brand's goals and Washington Post audience including proposing and recommending content tone/style, execution, and form.
- Source, assign and oversee freelance editors, researchers, and writers
- Write and edit articles, infographics, video treatments, interactive experiences, photo essays, etc.
- Source subjects and sources; conduct interviews and oversee freelance interviews as needed
- Collaborate with designers, program managers, developers, creative and social media strategists, and other writers/editors to ensure overall content narrative, design elements, and developed experience all reflect the editorial intention of the project
- Create and keep editorial calendar
- Present editorial direction to clients
- Incorporate client feedback while maintaining editorial vision and BrandStudio best practices
- Draft socially optimized headlines, subheaders, captions and blurbs
- Be up-to-speed about native advertising/custom content trends and competitor's programs
- Stay abreast of the latest sophisticated culture/lifestyle trends and topics
Job requirements include:
- Ability to think, write and edit conceptually, visually and digitally
- 5+ years writing and editing on in specific verticals and industries
- Experience writing and editing articles, narratives, infographics, doc video concepts, captions, blurbs, headlines
- Branded content/content marketing writing/editing experience
- Robust network of freelance editors and writers
- Experience sourcing and overseeing writers, drafting and keeping an editorial calendar
- Deep knowledge of emerging technology trends and topics
- Experience leading and managing an editorial team
- Ability to flexibly write/edit in many different styles, tones, POVs and audiences
- Ability to write and edit quickly and turn on a dime
- Intense attention to detail
- Passion for native advertising/custom content space
- Experience writing/editing branded content for these business to consumer or lifestyle markets
- Copywriting experience
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Bhavya leads the Mobile Team and pushes her staff to develop apps—primarily on Android—for the organization's native flagship products, as well as for partner applications.
Back to top