Content Editor (B2B)
The Washington Post's in-house creative agency is looking for an experienced content editor to oversee, assign and execute editorial branded content work for clients, primarily in the fields of business, technology, energy, and finance. We are a fast-growing team of strategists, editors, writers, designers, developers, producers, and program managers with a focus on creating the most innovative, award-winning multi-media programs for Washington Post advertisers.
Our ideal candidate is much more than a traditional editor. She/he is a digital, cross-media storyteller, with extensive experience recognizing when and where to include digital story-telling tools (data visualizations, video, photography, interactives, etc.) to enhance the narrative. Also essential is the ability to adopt different styles and tones and to write/edit conversationally, taking a strong POV while subtly integrating clients' messaging and driving their goals. A blend of journalism and content marketing/advertising background is ideal for this role.
This is a full-time position, reporting to the Director of Content for B2B campaigns, based in The Washington Post's NYC office in the Flatiron District. Candidates must submit work samples/portfolios to be considered.
Come help us craft compelling, multi-media stories at the intersection of our clients' goals and the interests of The Washington Post audience.
- Flesh out a concept into a detailed content strategy and execution description, based on nuanced understanding of a brand's goals and Washington Post audience including proposing and recommending content tone/style, execution, and form.
- Source, assign and oversee freelance editors, researchers, and writers
- Write and edit articles, infographics, video treatments, interactive experiences, and photo essays
- Source subjects and sources; conduct interviews and oversee freelance interviews as needed
- Collaborate with designers, program managers, developers, creative and social media strategists, and other writers/editors to ensure overall content narrative, design elements, and developed experience all reflect the editorial intention of the project
- Create and keep editorial calendar
- Present editorial direction to clients
- Incorporate client feedback while maintaining editorial vision and BrandStudio best practices
- Draft socially optimized headlines, subheads, captions and blurbs
- Be up-to-speed about native advertising/custom content trends and competitors' programs
- Stay abreast of the latest sophisticated business, technology, finance and energy trends and topics
Job requirements include:
- Ability to think, write and edit conceptually, visually and digitally
- 3+ years writing and editing on business, technology, energy, finance and related topics for major publications
- Experience writing and editing articles, narratives, infographics, doc video concepts, captions, blurbs, headlines
- Branded content/content marketing writing/editing experience
- Network of freelance editors and writers
- Experience sourcing and overseeing writers, drafting and keeping an editorial calendar
- Deep knowledge of emerging technology trends and topics
- Ability to flexibly write/edit in many different styles, tones, POVs and audiences
- Ability to write and edit quickly and turn on a dime
- Intense attention to detail
- Passion for native advertising/custom content space
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Bhavya leads the Mobile Team and pushes her staff to develop apps—primarily on Android—for the organization's native flagship products, as well as for partner applications.
Back to top