Ad Operations Specialist
- New York, NY
The mission of the Digital Advertising Operations team is to be the subject matter experts on the processes and systems that support the delivery of The Washington Post's digital advertising campaigns. Our primary function is to successfully fulfill sales orders in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and ever-changing environment. As such, we need a top-notch Ad Operations Specialist to thoroughly understand our digital ad products and ad builder tools in order to support campaign executions and related projects. Successful candidates will understand the sense of urgency and attention to detail inherent in delivering successful media campaigns.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with the Client Services and ad product teams to understand the scope and objectives of projects
- Monitor project queue and fill open tickets
- Build campaign creatives for deployment across all digital platforms onsite and offsite - desktop, mobile, video, email, podcasts.
- Ensure all advertising creative is following ad policies and specifications
- Perform testing and QA on ad products
- Partner with cross-functional support teams in improving the proprietary tools and systems
- Support the day-to-day operational needs of the organization
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR TEAM:
- BA/BS required
- 2+ years of experience in an ad serving environment
- Energetic self-starter with keen attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple deadline driven tasks and comfortable with shifting priorities
- Have a good understanding of both business needs and technology capabilities-plus be capable of translating that knowledge in plain terms
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with Jira, Basecamp or like systems
- Prior experience with ad systems/ad servers such as DFP/GAM
The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow?
Back to top