Our Regional Accounts Unit is in search of a talented, dedicated outside sales representative to work as an Enterprise Account Manager for our local entertainment and performing arts vertical. Could you have what it takes to succeed in this challenging and rewarding role for our world-class Advertising department? You'll manage existing accounts and prospect for new ones with a focus on theaters, museums, and local entertainment venues. As part of an experienced sales team, you'll sell advertising in The Washington Post print edition, on washingtonpost.com and in other special publications and products. Our ideal candidate: someone with proven success in business development, in maintaining and growing relationships with large accounts, and in meeting or exceeding sales objectives.
- Manage high revenue book of business to meet revenue and margin growth strategies
- Manage and negotiate contracts
- Provide strategic direction to the team
- Develop key relationships at all levels of the client
- Prospect new and dormant accounts
- Cultivate new relationships, infiltrate accounts, and manage partnerships
- Drive incremental opportunities
- Lead cross-functional collaboration
- In coordination with the Tactical rep, respond to all RFP/build comprehensive proposals while working with digital team setting budgets and client expectations.
- Attend conferences/network with industry contacts to grow category opportunities
- Client entertainment
- In coordination with the Tactical rep, ensure that all account activity is correct as it relates to post sale (billing/e-tear sheet/activation/execution of campaigns including Live Events)
- Expert in client solution suite of products and influence product development as it relates to key industry vertical needs/trends
- Meet/exceed monthly performance metrics as determined by department manager
- Polished skills in verbal/written communication and in making in-person presentations
- Ability to evaluate business objectives and advertising needs of specific groups
- Ability to identify, build and sustain long-term profitable business relationships directly with clients
- Ability to establish a rapport at multiple levels of the client organization and provide a high level of client service and follow up.
- Ability to follow proven, defined sales process for a full cycle of selling activities
- Ability to prospect aggressively and identify new opportunities to achieve both short- and long-term sales goals.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Outlook and salesforce.com
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Bhavya leads the Mobile Team and pushes her staff to develop apps—primarily on Android—for the organization's native flagship products, as well as for partner applications.
Back to top