The Washington Post is seeking a dynamic, driven outside sales professional to join our Cars.com sales team in the DC Metro Area, focusing on major local dealership groups. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience selling into large, complex customers. A successful track record of identifying, developing and closing incremental revenue on existing accounts is required. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated disciplined approach to maintaining day-to-day sales activity levels as well as an ability to drive new business through insightful conversations and impactful proposals.
- Manage and grow existing account list;
- Demonstrate best-in-class service and account management at both the dealership and corporate levels
- Build and maintain strong client relationships;
- Prospect and close incremental opportunities within the local Cars.com territory;
- Analyze clients' and prospects' advertising and marketing needs and consultatively recommend appropriate advertising solutions;
- Proactively minimize account issues and efficiently troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise
- Seek out opportunities to drive incremental sales while managing existing business; aggressively pursue opportunities for new business;
- Work within a structured schedule that incorporates planned time for setting appointments, making sales calls, planning business strategy, and generating opportunities;
- Achieve and exceed personal sales goals;
- Sell across Cars.com portfolio;
- Maintain complete records on active and historic advertiser activity in Salesforce.com;
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends, trade journals, etc. as they pertain to your accounts.
- At least 3 years of sales experience required, and advertising sales experience preferred
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required
- Understanding of dealership industry preferred
- Knowledge of digital media industry and trends preferred
- BA/BS preferred
Meet Some of The Washington Post's Employees
Bhavya leads the Mobile Team and pushes her staff to develop apps—primarily on Android—for the organization's native flagship products, as well as for partner applications.
Back to top