Tech Podcast Host/Producer
Are you a tech industry geek with a passion for podcasting? The Wall Street Journal is looking for a self-starting, experienced podcast host/producer to lead our Tech News podcast from our offices in San Francisco. You'll work closely with our experienced tech team in the Bay Area, tapping into the reporting of the WSJ newsroom, but also getting your own scoops and exclusive audio-first interviews. You may be asked to contribute to long-form tech and innovation narrative-driven stories, as well as support the rest of the audio team in New York and London.
This job reports to the executive producer, audio.
- Handle soup to nuts production of daily tech podcast (writing scripts, recording interviews, hosting, editing sound, posting to platforms)
- Conduct in-studio 2-way interviews with reporters
- Do field reporting and interviews with tech industry insiders
- Use ProTools to cut and assemble shows
- 3+ yrs experience in audio storytelling, preferably in hosting/producing a podcast
- 3+ yrs working in a news- or news-adjacent setting, preferably in tech industry news
- Experience fact-checking and editing audio scripts, both before and after recordings
- Experience learning and writing in a specific brand voice
- Experience with field recording
- Proficiency in cutting and mixing tape for audio publications
- Strong journalistic judgment with a specific eye for fact-checking standards
- Experience with longer form non-fiction narrative is a plus
- Calm under pressure, able to switch gears and react to breaking news
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Collaborative and creative
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 19349
Back to top