Fashion Closet Assistant
The Wall Street Journal's WSJ. Magazine is hiring a fashion assistant to manage our fashion closet. This is an administrative position focused upon managing the inflow and outflow of sample shipments.
- Manage and assist style director in scheduling closet staff: two full-time employees and occasional freelance assistants.
- Coordinate all sample shipments including arranging shipments via carnets, couriers and more.
- Occasional service as messenger transporting samples between the WSJ and brands.
- Manage the WSJ fashion closet and ensure supplies are continually maintained.
- Document each item being shipping to/from the office. Ensure that all samples requested are checked in and accounted for and that all looks are complete.
- Follow up with PR offices for pick-up details and log them accordingly.
- Occasional assistance on fashion shoots.
- 2 years working for a fashion magazine in an assistant capacity
- Interest in and passion for luxury magazine content
- Extremely organized and able to manage high-volume of tasks efficiently
- Natural problem-solver
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17585
See Inside the Office of The Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal enables readers to take part in an international conversation on business, politics, technology, and culture. It presents unparalleled news reporting from more than 1,800 journalists in 45 countries, and it boasts a community of more than 36 million digital visitors per month worldwide. WSJ.com’s global digital offerings are edited locally to provide regionally relevant news to readers from across the globe.
Back to top