Copy editor/translator, CWSJ
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a copy editor and translator for its Chinese-language site (CWSJ) in its Beijing newsroom. The candidate should have the ability to translate in-depth articles on a wide range of topics from business and finance to the economy and society from WSJ.com. The candidate should also be able to spot suitable articles on the English website and assign them to other translators. Knowledge of business and finance is a must. Journalism experience is a big plus. The candidate should have strong English-language skills and excellent writing skills in Chinese.
- Play a key role in controlling the quality of CWSJ's translated stories, write accurate and attractive headlines and summaries, contribute to the stylebook, glossary and correction list.
- Proofread translated stories, translate time-sensitive stories.
- Translate / proofread text of multimedia content including charts, video subtitles, interactive graphics.
- Help with compiling and sending newsletters/ news alerts.
- Help with managing CWSJ's homepage and social media accounts.
- The person should have a comprehensive knowledge of financial, markets and business news with a good understanding of readers' interest.
- Excellent English comprehension skills and command of written and spoken Chinese.
- A self-motivator that is organized and expert at prioritization.
- An effective team player who can deliver professionalism even under stress scenarios.
- A perfectionist who is willing to go the extra mile to rule out the most invisible errors and imperfections.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17619
Back to top