Senior Manager, Strategy, APAC
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Our Strategy Team is the sales strategy and enablement arm of the Sales organization. Strategists are internal consultative resources enabling the Business Development Team (BDs) to identify and drive forward prospective business as well as surface incremental revenue.
The Senior Manager, Programmatic Strategists will lead a small agile team of Senior Strategists/Strategists and be responsible for the APAC region (including China, Hong Kong, Southeast Asia, Japan, South Korea and ANZ). You will become an expert in all aspects of TTD’s platform, including capabilities, product features, and positioning in broader advertising technology (AdTech) marketplace.
You are a strategic thinker, proactive, detail-oriented and data-driven with an eye for curating client-facing materials. You lead by example and enjoy coaching using effective feedback, guidance and mentorship. You are able to thrive in a dynamic, challenging environment and playing a key role to sales leadership and BDs. You also have a real passion for AdTech, big data, and playing an instrumental role in the future of advertising.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Partner with Sales, including Regional Leadership and Country GMs, to develop and execute strategic and revenue driving initiatives
- Review RFI proposals, media plans, and other client-facing materials to ensure accurate and localized responses, giving TTD the best chance at winning opportunities
- Anticipate the Sales team’s need for content and intel by regularly meeting with BDs to understand their needs and challenges
- Become an internal consultative resource to Sales by understanding agency/advertiser challenges, regional/vertical/competitor dynamics, and TTD’s positioning
- Lead a regional team supporting their growth and development through hands-on management and mentorship
- Continue to support the growth of Strategy Team with hiring, onboarding, and training new Strategists in key markets
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- At least 8 years of media planning, digital strategy, creative agency, and/or programmatic experience (ideally working for an ad network, exchange, DSP, agency, or other digital advertising company)
- Experience leading small teams including demonstrated ability to successfully lead and coach team members
- Knowledge of AdTech ecosystem and/or programmatic industry, DSPs, DMPs, etc. required; comfortable with online advertising metrics/KPIs
- Strong relationship management skills, previous experience in building consensus across peers and leadership
- Think analytically, strategically, and tactically; formulate a cohesive narrative while storytelling in an effective and concise manner, utilizing a data-driven approach
- Possess the ability to work independently and be a self-starter, ambitious, and scrappy; deal well with ambiguity and take initiative and ownership to get the job done
- Superior written and verbal communications skills, ability to articulate thoughts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- Be a team player who leads discussions; share best practices and knowledge with other Strategy Team
- Quick learner able to grasp new technology and product changes
- Meticulous attention to detail and able to produce high-quality work
- Exceptional PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
- Languages: Required: English
- Additional languages are a plus (E.g. Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia, Vietnamese, Thai)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Back to top