Senior Business Development Director
- Chicago, IL
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
You are a master relationship builder, sales leader, and creative problem solver. You exhibit high emotional intelligence and professionalism at all times, and are a true consultative business partner with your clients. This high visibility role offers an unparalleled opportunity to lead one of our largest accounts, by leveraging your understanding of programmatic, customer engagement, & strategic up selling.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Acquire, build, and cultivate relationships with senior leadership at the client
- Work collectively with client services and with The Trade Desk trading team to cultivate accounts
- Communicate the value of The Trade Desk media buying platform by walking through detailed demonstrations of the product
- Participate in product road map build out discussions based on client needs with senior leadership, product, & engineering
- Take lead in responding to RFP’s or new inner agency opportunities, including qualification & win strategy
- Coordinate global account discussions with counterparts in East and West Coasts
- Work closely with product, marketing and revenue teams to constantly optimize efforts relating to company-wide goals
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Mentor and manage individuals in the organization with account responsibility
- Contribute to The Trade Desk culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-10 years of experience in online advertising in outbound sales
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising role
- Existing relationships with decision-makers at major holding companies a plus
- Experience establishing longstanding, consultative client relationships in the Chicago area
- Previous management experience preferred
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. #LI-LR1
Back to top