Senior Account Manager (Team Leader)
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A client services pro, you’re comfortable managing and growing lots of agency accounts, and able to prioritize between a hundred different things at once. You love learning new technology and teaching it to others. You’re as comfortable diving into Excel to improve a campaign as you are with taking an agency out for dinner. You’re a self-starter and can set your own priorities.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Thinks like a “small business owner” and empowers others to think this way too.
- A strategic consultant who identifies client challenges, guides problem-solving discussions and presents solutions that meet the clients’ needs and our business goals
- Provides account-specific feedback to direct reports and counterparts by delivering consistent, honest and constructive task-based feedback.
- Within your portfolio, you own developing tactics to grow accounts (via 1:1s with team members, Tableau, knowledge-sharing)
- Manages for YoY revenue, margin and feature adoption growth on the portfolio by setting quantitative and qualitative goals for each account with sales and trading counterparts on a quarterly and annual basis. Responsible for tracking progress, identifying opportunities and threats to the business, developing key stakeholder relationships, and driving incremental revenue.
- Develops deep and trustworthy relationships with key stakeholders (for example, but not limited to hands on keyboard, programmatic leads, planning and investment teams, brand managers)
- Strategically plans account growth goals a few quarters out (as opposed to week-to-week)
- Oversees preparation for client meetings with sales and trading counterparts. Leads the collaboration to decide roles/responsibilities, agenda, content, attendees etc for each meeting, but is not necessarily building the content.
- Respected leader in the company, beginning to act as “voice” for client product needs. Aggregates and funnels spend blockers up to product senator, demonstrating the problem, the opportunity, priority, and spend blocked.
- Synthesizes business challenges across the portfolio to escalate to manager
- Master upseller and teaches others how to upsell well.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
- At least 8 years of online advertising experience required; 5+ years of client-facing experience. 3+ years of team leadership/people manager experience would be ideal.
- Expertise in working with RTB, DSPs, ad exchanges, aggregators, ad servers, and other optimization platforms is a plus
- An effective leader and influencer whom team members can look to for coaching and guidance.
- Experience managing CPA, CPC, and CPM marketing campaigns
- Solid experience in Excel and MS Office, including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of large data sets
- Outstanding troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Proven track record of growing accounts by forging a strong relationship with clients, understanding their objectives and recommending best strategies
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Fluency in Korea and English is a must
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Back to top