Senior Account Manager
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
A client services pro, you’re comfortable leading the strategy and operations behind growing a portfolio of client accounts. You get excited to solve complex client challenges through creative solutions, product capabilities and innovative marketing strategy. You are able to build long-lasting and credible relationships with key partners and understand how our product solution can solve their business objectives. You’re a self-starter and can set your own priorities while also inspiring the client team toward a common goal.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Lead a roster of accounts, operating as a “small business owner” to grow clients’ business
- Become an expert on The Trade Desk platform and offer insights to clients on how to implement creative marketing strategies
- Collaborate effectively with the Sales & Trading functions to develop existing accounts and achieve client goals and objectives
- Develop and cultivate relationships with agency clients as a consultant to their business
- Own the training plan for onboarding new clients, continuing programmatic education, platform improvements, and new channels and markets within the industry
- Able to lead, not just manage tasks; develop the skills and knowledge base of newer and more junior account managers as a mentor
- Represent client needs by providing feedback to Product Management and Partnerships to identify and define features, integrations and product improvements to The Trade Desk platform
- Develop standard methodologies within Client Services, collaborate with Product Marketing to develop effective training collateral and customer facing guides, and train and onboard new Account Managers
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- Consistent track record of growing accounts by developing a strong relationship with clients, understanding their business objectives and recommending the best strategies for implementing solutions
- Effective time management skills – ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university
- At least 5 years of client-facing experience required
- Expertise in working online advertising or a SAAS platform a plus
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) and confidence speaking to large groups
- Past experience in mentorship roles either personally or professionally preferred
- Solid experience in Excel and MS Office and ability to use large data sets to build insights and strategy recommendations
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Back to top