SEC Reporting Manager
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The SEC Reporting Manager will be a key contributor in our high-energy finance organization. This person will lead and manage the external financial reporting function for the Company, including, but not limited to, all SEC filings, technical accounting and stock-based compensation. He/she should have sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manage the preparation and analysis of SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K, that comply with SEC Regulations and US GAAP
- Manage the preparation and maintenance of supporting documentation for all SEC filings
- Manage the preparation and review of deliverables related to the Earnings Release, including coordination with Investor Relations
- Monitor and interpret new SEC/GAAP guidance, research technical accounting issues and prepare memorandums to document the impact to the company
- Review and update XBRL tagging of financial statements and related notes.
- Manage equity compensation records and analysis of stock-based compensation, including employee stock purchase plan activity and reporting
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others, as appropriate, and to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Help drive process improvements to enable speed and accuracy over the quarterly reporting
- Interface with external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- Various special projects and analyses, as requested, such as the implementation of new accounting standards
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university
- CPA a plus
- 8 – 10+ years of relevant work experience, including audit experience with a Big 4 firm
- Experience with public technology companies a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of public company financial statement preparation
- Technical knowledge of accounting procedures and solid understanding of SEC Regulations and US GAAP, including stock-based compensation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Strong team player with demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills and positive, professional attitude
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and complete projects within deadlines
- Dependable with commitment to meeting Accounting deadlines
- Willingness to work additional hours, as needed, to meet deadlines
- High level of integrity
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including creating and manipulating spreadsheets in Excel
- Demonstrated ability to keep confidential information secure
- Knowledge of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Back to top