WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Manager, Communications for China will drive external communications for the company in this important region, with a particular focus on media relations. This person will develop relations with media and influencers in China, building and executing successful campaigns that effectively position the company. This position will work closely with other parts of the global and regional communications and marketing teams.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop and execute comprehensive media strategies for China market
- Develop compelling local storylines, leveraging local evidence, executives and thought leadership, to drive coverage and impact in local channels including trade, vertical and business media
- Lead employee engagement and communication in China.
- Establish and enhance relationships with key media and influencers (traditional journalists, KOLs, WE Media and industry analysts)
- Discover, develop and share compelling messages and stories that promote The Trade Desk’s thought leadership, innovation, and expertise
- Proactively offer communications support for strategic projects, including news releases, product launches, market expansion, key events, interviews, etc.
- Beyond the core media relations mission, this person will also help:
- Identify, initiate and manage new analyst and broader influencer relations in the region
- Work closely with the marketing team to build on- and off-line engagement with external stakeholders, specifically through WeChat
- Develop new methods and programmes for employee communication and collaboration across multiple offices
- Provide communication counsel, support and training for executives and experts across the offices
- Coordinate and manage local PR agencies
- Work as a catalyst for company culture
- Coordination with regional and global Communications team to ensure alignment
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Politics, Marketing or related field, preferred
- Minimum of 4-6 years of professional media relations experience. Tech experience preferred
- Native fluency in Chinese; business level English
- Skilled communicator who is comfortable interacting with multiple internal and external contacts with strong media relations skills
- Willingness to learn and comfortable suggesting ideas and making recommendations
- A team player who knows how to generate collaboration
- Excellent analytical skills to marry the quantitative with the qualitative
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proficiency in MS Office suite with emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint.
- An excellent communicator – talking, meeting, presenting
- Additional creative and presentational skills would be a bonus
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Back to top