Director, Financial Planning and Analysis
- New York, NY
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Reporting to the VP of FP&A, the Director of FP&A in New York City will support all of The Trade Desk’s commercial teams and will play a critical role in implementing and maturing financial processes and promoting financial discipline across the organization. In this role, you will create financial reports to review with cross-functional leaders to help them manage their budgets, refine their estimates, and create scalable KPIs. You will be a key contributor in the implementation of planning and measurement solutions that will help improve our global forecasting accuracy, accountability, and transparency.
- Work with commercial business leaders to develop budgets and provide reports to help manage respective divisions for continued profitable growth
- Implement and scale new budgeting and reporting technology systems
- Prepare monthly financial and operational reporting across all departments of the business
- Perform value added ad-hoc analyses that help drive decision making
- Collaborate with the Accounting team to prepare variance to budget and other deep-dives
- Continuously take on additional responsibility to improve processes and procedures
WHO YOU ARE:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in financial planning and analysis
- Proficient in Excel and financial reporting systems; Hyperion, Tableau & Anaplan knowledge a plus
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, quickly changing environment
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience with US GAAP and financial reporting
- Strong sense of ownership and proactivity
- Experience in global, multi-subsidiary, multi-currency environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Back to top