Business Development Lead
WHO WE ARE:
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
You are a master relationship builder, sales strategist, and creative problem solver. You exhibit high emotional intelligence and professionalism at all times, and are a true consultative business partner with your clients. You are versed in the agency landscape, with key relationships already established.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop and close new ad agency leads to use The Trade Desk technology
- Own and deliver meetings with ad agency decision-makers to help them realize the potential of programmatic
- Prospect and follow up with potential leads, converting them into prospect clients
- Communicate the value of The Trade Desk media buying platform by walking through detailed demonstrations of the product and showcasing our capabilities
- Take ownership to devise and execute on a strategic plan to achieve revenue goals
- Hit monthly and quarterly revenue targets
- Respond to RFPs and prepare customized proposals to win new business
- Grow current accounts by identifying and closing up-sell opportunities
- Understand competitive differentiators in fast-changing online advertising landscape
- Provide customer insights and feedback to product team to shape our product
- Collaborate with internal teams including, trading team and account management team to upsell clients
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience in online advertising in outbound sales. Candidates with less experience will be considered for Business Development Partner.
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising role would be a plus
- Relationships with advertising agencies, media buyers and technology decision-makers would be a bonus
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability
- Self-starter – able to tackle new clients or territories with little guidance
- Quick learner – able to rapidly grasp new technology and product changes
- Able to travel 10–20% of the time including some overnight travel
- Experience in managing longer sales cycles with many stakeholders
- Comfortable working with several different teams inside The Trade Desk to collaboratively grow an account
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
- Fluency in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese is a must
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of The Trade Desk's Employees
Gabby S.Senior Talent Acquisition Associate
Gabby collaborates with colleagues around the world to recruit a diverse team of talent to The Trade Desk and continue growing the company.
Back to top